I love the things my kids say. They always have a way of making me giggle, ponder, laugh and even cry. This past weekend we started to get out some of the Christmas decorations. Josh and Micah kept asking, "Can we get out the Activity Scene? Can we get out the Activity Scene?" It took me a moment and then I realized they meant the Nativity Scene! I smiled at first and then I started to think about how the nativity scene depicts the Advent of Christ - The Coming of Christ. Our nativity scene maybe made up of stationary objects but the coming of Christ was in no way inactive. God loves us so much that He was compelled to act. He sent us Jesus. My prayer is that our Advent would be active -not in a media/culture driven way - but rather with the coming of Christ in our hearts.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Advent = coming. Waiting (for His appearance) could be passive, but if it's *expectant* then it's active! I love it!
Post a Comment